Thursday, February 23, 2006

 

Design of the Eiffel/S Libraries

A discussion about Data Structure libraries on comp.lang.eiffel reminded me about the Eiffel/S libraries, which have the highest "elegance to power ratio" of the Eiffel structure libraries that I know.

I managed to find an old Eiffel Outlook article about the design of these libraries. As Eiffel Outlook is out of print (and its publisher has gone out of business) I have taken the liberty of hosting the article online:
It's a little dated, but I hope you will still find it interesting.

Comments:
The Eiffel/S Container classes live on in Eiffel for Mac and have also been released as open source (Eiffel Forum License) in OpenEiffel:
http://eiffelzone.com/esd/opene/index.html

The Eiffel/S Graph and Matcher classes don't seem to be available anymore.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?